Senior Business Lawyer
The AVENS Montreal team wishes to recruit a lawyer who will practice business law. The new team member will take charge of corporate matters, act as an advisor to clients and partners, and will be a member of the business law team.
The lawyer’s client base will consist mainly of companies seeking support for commercial transactional files of all kinds, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, financing drafting and negotiating various commercial contracts.
- Working in business law files and at times in other areas of expertise;
- Conduct company mergers, updates, commercial contracts and shareholder agreements;
- Draft business law documents and at times documents in other areas of expertise;
- Ensure follow up with the client;
- Offer a consulting role;
- Provide support on expertise files.
- Hold an undergraduate degree from a recognized Quebec law school;
- Be a member in good standing of the Quebec Bar;
- Have superior knowledge of business law;
- Asset: Knowledge of common law;
- A perfect command of French and English, both oral and written, is essential and will be verified during interview.
Profile we are seeking
- Professional attitude and interpersonal skills;
- Be solution oriented;
- Above average legal spirit;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment;
- Enjoy working as a team;
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner;
- Interpersonal skills: Autonomy, initiative, versatility, meticulousness and rigour.
Years of Experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience in business law.
- Competitive salary;
- Discretionary annual bonus based on performance;
- Reimbursement of professional fees;
- Full annual membership with Dialogue (online private medical consultation platform);
- Expense account (discretionary);
- Hours of continuing education (discretionary);
- Highly technological firm;
- Permanent position, full time;
- Flexible schedule.
Interested individuals are asked to send their resumes, as well as a cover letter to Me Catherine Cloutier.
All applications received will be treated confidentially. Only selected candidates will be contacted.